The library is the heart of the school from where a large variety of information, resources and ideas should flow.
• What should a good library of the 21st-century house? How can a librarian integrate and motivate learning?
• How can they gather rich human and professional resources?
• How can a librarian add value to all subject streams in a curriculum?
•How can they organise a curriculum support timetable?
• How can he/she motivate reading, research, listening and writing skills?
• Strategies to enhance reading like book weeks, literature festivals, literary student magazines, expert talks and book readings using the library.
For all librarians who wish to maximize their roles, Heads of schools who are looking for better utilization of libraries, teachers who want to use library and librarian support effectively.
Founder of the Mindsprings Group and a Speaker at the National and International fora, Usha has authored the English textbook series ‘Empowering English’; two resource books ‘Writing with Ease’ and ‘Grammar with Ease’; and a revolutionary series in language learning titled ‘Language with Ease’.
Usha’s experience ranges from senior high and college education in India and Hong Kong (under the British curriculum), to gifted education in Auckland, and accelerated primary learning in Jakarta (under the Australian curriculum). Her academic background is in English and Education. Her qualifications include a Bachelors Degree in English & Psychology, a Masters degree in English, a Bachelors Degree in Education in English, a Masters Degree in Education, a TEFLA from Cambridge University, London, and a High School Teaching Certificate in English and History from ‘Auckland College of Education’, New Zealand.