Why an online programme?
The Mindsprings online programme is an attempt to offer good creative writing skills to a large number of children in need of good structures and strategies in writing, who want to build a strong vocabulary and learn how to create ideas. It an opportunity to work in their space and comfort, in a world where there are too many demands on their limited time. Also, geographical distances are bridged by technology.
It is better to begin children with some kind of writing training than to wait for ideal one on one classes. Children who go to school where they do not do a regular writing programme are at high risk. Children who speak well, or even those who are good readers need not automatically be good writers. The brain uses a different set of skills for writing.
How does it work?
· We send kids assignments per week on the parent’s id with detailed instructions.
· We will do a diagnostic on the child’s writing on the first assignment and keep it as a reference point for progress.
· Children can write in their own time and comfort.
· Older kids will use the Net for additional research and reading to create content.
· All children will buy and use Usha Pandit’s bible for writing ‘Writing with Ease’, if they do not already have one, especially for good vocabulary. The book costs Rs.699 and is a one-time buy like a dictionary that can be used by several generations.
· We will correct and scan back to you the child’s papers with clear instructions on how to improve.
· Parents and guardians need to make sure that the weekly assignment is sent to us on time and the child works on repairs on the previous assignment.
· You are free to write emails to us on doubts and clarifications.