This workshop directly impacts lesson planning, classroom management & assessment and helps create thinkers amongst your students. To help participants internalize these concepts, a mix of theory, practical activities, experiential learning and simulations are used.
In this workshop we will focus on:
- Understanding why and how we think
- Understanding the influence of thinking on the education of the child, the teaching-learning process & on society
- Understanding the types of and processes of thinking
- Integrating thinking skills and the enquiry method in the day to day classroom activities; the strategies, activities, questions, worksheets etc
- Questioning, assessment and correction strategies used in a thinking skills curriculum
- Incorporating – Habits of the Mind, CORT Thinking, Six Thinking Hats, Mind Mapping and other approaches used by Edward de Bono and Tony Buzan